Brian is a member of the firms Newport News office and his practice includes civil litigation, with an emphasis on advising and representing banks, credit unions, private lenders, loan servicers, property owners and developers in residential and commercial title and other real estate matters, including mechanics liens, easements, boundary lines, breach of contract, missing interests, partition, legal description errors, unreleased liens and judgments, zoning compliance, fraud and forgery, adverse possession, bona fide purchaser status, lien priority, foreclosure and bankruptcy.
Additionally, Brian represents health care providers in medical malpractice and administrative agency proceedings and provides counseling on risk management issues.
- Note & Comment Editor; Catholic University of America Law Review
- Phi Delta Phi; President
- American Jurisprudence Award, Trial Practice
- Virginia State Bar; Real Property Section, Title Insurance Committee Chairman, 2010-present
- Virginia State Bar; Health Law Section, Board of Governors, Former Member
- Newport News Bar Association
- Boyd-Graves Conference Member, 2002-present
- Virginia War Museum; Board of Directors, 2011-present
- Commissioned Officer; United States Army and Army Reserve, 1990 - 2002
- James Madison University; B.S., Communication, cum laude, 1990
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law; J.D., 1993