Jamie has more than 20 years of tax experience representing corporations, closely-held businesses, tax-exempt entities, governmental agencies, and individuals. His practice includes forming and representing LLCs and partnerships, corporate formation, liquidations and reorganizations, taxation of securities and financial products, forming and advising tax-exempt entities, business succession planning, like-kind exchanges, conservation easements and other tax credits, and representing clients before the national office of the Internal Revenue Service and the Office of Tax Policy at the Treasury Department.
Jamie has also developed a national practice representing qualified tuition programs (529 plans) and their program managers. He has been quoted in The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, ignites.com and other publications concerning 529 plans.
- Virginias Legal Elite; Virginia Business Magazine, 2009, 2011-2012
- Community Tax Law Project; Nonprofit Advisory Subcommittee
- Corporate Affiliates Advisory Board, College Savings Plan Network, National Association of State Treasurers
- University of Virginia; B.A., with distinction
- Georgetown University Law Center; LL.M., Taxation
- Washington & Lee University School of Law; J.D.