Real Estate Paralegal
The Williamsburg office of Kaufman & Canoles is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal to conduct real estate closings for residential purchases, refinances, construction loans, loan modifications, and sale transactions. Must possess in-depth knowledge of and experience with the closing process, funding loans, and examining title commitments. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required.
1. Conduct real estate closings for residential purchases, refinances, construction loans, loan modifications and sale transactions.
2. Prepare Closing Disclosures (CD); HUD-1 Settlement Statements; legal closing documents which include Deeds, Deeds of Trust, Notes, Contracts etc.; balance escrows; satisfy lender requirements; order title searches, surveys, insurance, resale certificates, etc.
3. Request payoffs on liens and mortgages.
4. Responsible for corresponding with lenders, builders, real estate agents, and attorneys as needed to gather necessary information for closings.
5. Assist in the review of title commitments and pre-closing issues.
6. Prepare closing packages for residential real estate closings.
7. Maintain Notary Public status and witness real estate closing packages.
8. Assemble closing pack for lender and verify all provisions of lender are completed.
9. Ensure closing packages have been properly disbursed and appropriate documents recorded.
10. Verify title insurance policies have been received.
11. Responsible for setup of delivery of the deed and title insurance policies to the buyer and lender.
12. Ensure that all appropriate documents, checks, and copies are sent to all parties immediately after closing.
13. Review escrow files for all necessary documents, double checking that all are properly prepared, and request checks for any funds in escrow that go to the seller or buyer.
14. Assist Escrow Officer in managing and developing client relationships to ensure future real estate closing transactions.
15. Make sure all client data is entered into central database.
16. Confirm liens are properly released.
17. Re-record documents as needed and correct any post-closing issues.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Proficient in SoftPro (Proforms) and Microsoft Office 2010.
3. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
5. Knowledge of the TRID laws
6. In-depth experience with closing loans, funding loans, and examining title commitments.
7. In-depth knowledge of closing process.
8. In-depth knowledge of title insurance and real estate processing.
9. Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion when promptly and accurately responding to miscellaneous inquiries.
10. Must be able to perform job duties independently.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, and long term and short term disability.
To apply for position, please submit resume to email@example.com.
Real Estate Paralegal