Credit Union Legal Update - Summer 2014 - 2nd Edition
- Funds in Childs Joint Account with Father Properly Seized to Satisfy Fathers Debt
- Account Held as Tenants by the Entirety Subject to Garnishment to Satisfy Debt of One Spouse
- Judgment Against Auto Wholesaler Who Failed to Deliver Title Dischargeable in Bankruptcy
By Brian O. Dolan
Private Client Services Update - Estate Planning With Small Captive Insurance Companies
The use of captive insurance companies has ballooned in recent years. The reasons are many, including traditional insurance companies narrowing the areas of risk they are willing to cover, ever increasing premiums charged by traditional carriers, a desire of insureds to have more control over policy terms, cost efficiencies available through the use of captive insurance companies, and wider recognition of the substantial tax and estate planning benefits associated with captives.
By David Kamer and Private Client Services
Employment Law Update - Summer 2014
- K&C's Annual Employment Law Update: Educating Employers for 30 Years
- Specific Smart Phone Policies Now Recommended
- 4th Circuit Confirms Employer Liability for Third-Party Harassment
- Court Clarifies ADAAA Coverage of Short Term Disabilities
- Large Employers Face New ACA Reporting Requirement
By Labor & Employment
Cybersecurity Client Alert - HHS Releases HIPAA Security Risk Assessment Tool
Organizations that have access to electronic protected health information should be aware of a new tool that is available to assist in achieving compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) security regulations (the Security Rule).
By Laura Dickson Rixey, Jason R. Davis and Cybersecurity Response Team
Private Client Services Update - Trust Directors & Family-Business Succession: New Virginia Laws Warrant Careful Planning
Many families build their wealth by successfully operating an active trade or business (i.e., a family-run business). Often, however, a single generation (or perhaps two generations) of family members operates and manages the business.
By Christopher S. Johnson and Private Client Services
Government Contracts Update - DoD Shortens Time for Contractor Comments to Past Performance Evaluations
On May 30, 2014, the Department of Defense (DoD) published a rule amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
By Terence Murphy and Government Contracts & Construction
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
E. Andrew Keeney presented a program about the CFPB for the MDDCCUA's 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention on June 6, 2014.
By E. Andrew Keeney