Self-Audit Mandate Documents
You may download the attached PDF to view the documents referenced by John Peterson at the Self-Audit Seminar.
The documents included here are:
- Step-by-Step Guide to Planning for the 2014 Employer Health Insurance Mandate
- Self Compliance Tool for Part 7 of ERISA:HIPPA and Other Health Care-Related Provisions
- Self-Compliance Tool Part 7 of ERISA:Affordable Care Act Provisions.
By John M. Peterson
, ESOPs & Employee Benefits
and Labor & Employment
Credit Union Legal Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- No Private Right of Action Against Credit Union for Violating Bylaws
- Illegal Reconveyance Fee Claim Under Consumer Protection Statute Not Preempted by Federal Law
- Member's Post-Discharge Default Leads to Award of Additional Attorney Fees for Credit Union
- Award on Breach of Contract Claim for Credit Card Debt Reversed Due to Lack of Evidence
- Worth Watching: Recently Filed Lawsuits and Hot Topics
By Brian O. Dolan and Marc E. Darnell
Private Client Services Update - It's Not Set in Stone: Reciprocal Wills Do Not Automatically Create an Irrevocable Estate Plan
In a world with an ever increasing number of blended families and second marriages, it is not uncommon for couples to desire to treat all of their children and step-children equally. On many occasions such couples elect to prepare wills or revocable trusts that provide for all assets to pass to the surviving spouse, and upon the death of the surviving spouse, to pass such assets to all of the husbands children and the wifes children, with each child getting an equal share.
By Sarah E. Messersmith and Private Client Services
Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract
Terence Murphy, Charles V. McPhillips, and Kara J. Soloria recently presented, "Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract."
By Charles V. McPhillips, Terence Murphy, Karla J. Soloria and Government Contracts & Construction
Employment Law Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- National Bullying Expert Advises Employers at K&C Seminar
- To Check or Not to Check? - The Dilemma of Criminal Background Checks
- DOL Clarifies FMLA Leave to Care for Adult Children
- Focus on Break Space for Nursing Moms
- Randy Sparks Joins K&C Labor & Employment Team in Firm's Richmond Office
- 29th Annual Employment Law Update - Your Prescription for Compliance
By Labor & Employment
Ethics for Virginia Lawyers - 2013
Ann K. Crenshaw & The Honorable Edward Hanson Jr. will present, "Ethics for Virginia Lawyers" to the Virginia Beach Bar Association in February.
By Ann K. Crenshaw
Government Contracts Update - Final Rule Implementing Executive Order Regarding Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts Become Effective January 18, 2013
On December 22, 2012, a final rule was issued (77 Fed. Reg 75,766) amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to implement an Executive Order for Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts (Executive Order 13495) and the rule applies to all solicitations issued on or after January 18, 2013.
By Terence Murphy, Karla J. Soloria and Government Contracts & Construction