Self-Audit Mandate Documents
Step-by-Step Guide to Planning for the 2014 Employer Health Insurance Mandate.
By John M. Peterson, ESOPs & Employee Benefits and Labor & Employment
CFPB's Final Mortgage Regulations: Ability-to-Repay and Qualified Mortgage Rules
E. Andrew Keeney presented this program to NAFCU on March 6, 2013.
By E. Andrew Keeney
Credit Union Legal Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- No Private Right of Action Against Credit Union for Violating Bylaws
- Illegal Reconveyance Fee Claim Under Consumer Protection Statute Not Preempted by Federal Law
- Member's Post-Discharge Default Leads to Award of Additional Attorney Fees for Credit Union
- Award on Breach of Contract Claim for Credit Card Debt Reversed Due to Lack of Evidence
- Worth Watching: Recently Filed Lawsuits and Hot Topics
Private Client Services Update - It's Not Set in Stone: Reciprocal Wills Do Not Automatically Create an Irrevocable Estate Plan
In a world with an ever increasing number of blended families and second marriages, it is not uncommon for couples to desire to treat all of their children and step-children equally.
By Sarah E. Messersmith and Private Client Services
Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract
Terence Murphy, Charles V. McPhillips, and Kara J. Soloria recently presented, "Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract."
By Charles V. McPhillips, Terence Murphy and Government Contracts & Construction
Employment Law Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- National Bullying Expert Advises Employers at K&C Seminar
- To Check or Not to Check? - The Dilemma of Criminal Background Checks
- DOL Clarifies FMLA Leave to Care for Adult Children
- Focus on Break Space for Nursing Moms
- Randy Sparks Joins K&C Labor & Employment Team in Firm's Richmond Office
- 29th Annual Employment Law Update - Your Prescription for Compliance
By Labor & Employment
Ethics for Virginia Lawyers - 2013
Ann K. Crenshaw & The Honorable Edward Hanson Jr. will present, "Ethics for Virginia Lawyers" to the Virginia Beach Bar Association in February.
By Ann K. Crenshaw