Private Client Services Update - Self-Settled Spendthrift Trusts
As of July 1, 2012, Virginia will permit the creation of self-settled spendthrift trusts. Under the new law, a settlor may establish a qualified irrevocable discretionary trust which will not be subject to the settlors creditors claims.
By Lawrence G. Cumming and Private Client Services
Employee Benefits Alert - Summer 2012
In This Issue:
- Final Deadline for 401(k) Fee Disclosures: August 30, 2012
- Prepare for Changes in the Federal Capital Gains Tax Rate
- Supreme Courts Obama Care Decision May Affect Employers—Be Prepared
By Employee Benefits, ESOPs & Executive Compensation
Get on the Joint Venture Train - Small Business Joint Ventures for Government Contractors
Terence Murphy & Charles V. McPhillips recently presented, "Get on the Joint Venture Train - Small Business Joint Ventures for Government Contractors."
By Terence Murphy, Charles V. McPhillips and Government Contracts & Construction
Supreme Court of Virginia Confirms Title Insurance Company has Valid Subrogation Claim Against Settlement Agent Surety and Bond
Brian O. Dolan and Christopher R. Papile were recently featured in the Spring 2012 issue of The Fee Simple.
By Brian O. Dolan and Christopher R. Papile
Employment Law Update - Summer 2012
In This Issue:
- EEOC Area Director Provides Helpful Insights at K&C Seminar
- VA Supreme Court Decision Underscores Need to Review Non-Competition Agreements
- Government Targets Employee Misclassification
- Recent Group Firings Create a Stir
- NLRB Posting Saga Continues–No Required Posting At This Time
- 28th Annual Employment Law Update - Putting the Pieces Together
By Labor & Employment
Learn the Rules of the Federal Contracting Game for Small Business
Terence Murphy presented a workshop titled, "Learn the Rules of the Federal Contracting Game for Small Business" on May 16, 2012 at the 2012 Joint Warfighting Conference - AFCEA Hampton Roads and Tidewater Chapter Small Business Forum.
By Terence Murphy and Government Contracts & Construction
Private Client Services Update - Decanting: A New Tool in the Trustee’s Arsenal
Effective July 1, 2012, the Virginia General Assembly will be providing trustees of irrevocable trusts a valuable new tool.
By Robert H. Powell III and Private Client Services