DOL Welfare Plan Audit Preparation Webinar
presentation date: March 05, 2013
After decades of inattention the DOL has begun auditing health and welfare plans, finding widespread non-compliance and imposing substantial penalties. Their focus is on ERISA compliant plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions and required employee Notices.
This 60 minute complimentary webinar will answer the following questions:
What specific documents and notices must we produce for the DOL?
- Have we properly identified all of our ERISA welfare benefit plans?
- How do we know if our plan documents are ERISA compliant?
- How about our Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)?
- How should we distribute documents/notices to employees and what are the penalties for non-compliance?
- How do we prove that notices were distributed?
- Have we filed all required Forms 5500?
- Should we consider a "wrap" document to consolidate our welfare plan 5500s into one filing?
- What should we do if we receive and audit notice from the DOL?
Presented by: John M. Peterson & Shad C. Fagerland
Click here to view the recording of this complimentary webinar. Please complete the information section (name, company, email, etc.) and the webinar recording will begin. Additionally, materials from the presentation are available on the download tab.
View this Webinar »