Addie is an associate in the Richmond office where she is a member of both the Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights & Business Restructuring, and Lender Representation practice groups. Addie’s practice includes representation as lender’s counsel, as well as general commercial bankruptcy representation, including plans of reorganization, adversary proceedings, preference defense, relief from the automatic stay, and filing of proof of claims. Before joining Kaufman and Canoles, Addie served two years as a law clerk to the Honorable Jason D. Woodard, Chief Judge for the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Mississippi. Addie is currently licensed in Georgia and Mississippi.
*Admitted only in Georgia and Mississippi
- Represent companies, financial institutions, other capital sources, and examiners in various roles in bankruptcy court, including DIP financing, preference defense, 363 sales, conversion, etc.
- Represent financial institutions and other capital sources in debt restructurings, workouts, and forbearance agreements.
- Represent receivers, financial institutions and other capital sources in state and federal receivership actions.
- Represent companies, financial institutions, and other capital sources in state and federal litigation regarding the enforcement of loan documents, failure to pay for goods purchased, breach of contract, etc.
Recognition & Honors
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jason D. Woodard, Chief Judge, Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, 2017
- Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference; Member (2017 – present)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation; GA Network Membership and Marketing Co-Chair, 2021
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Richmond Bar Association
- Mentor Richmond; Fall 2021
- University of Mississippi; B.A., 2014
- University of Mississippi School of Law; J.D., 2017