Laura joined the firm in 2018 and is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate Strategies Practice Group. Her practice focuses on securing zoning and land use entitlements, including rezonings and special exceptions. She enjoys the process of building strong relationships on both sides of the table to help clients achieve their goals.
Laura also assists clients with complex real estate transactions including due diligence and contract negotiation. As a member of the firm’s Litigation and Eminent Domain Practice Groups, she uses her federal litigation experience to provide support in land use disputes, eminent domain, landlord/tenant disputes, and contract disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura clerked for the Honorable Arenda L. Wright Allen of the Eastern District of Virginia. She earned her J.D. from William & Mary Law School where she served as the Alumni Editor for the Environmental Law and Policy Review and a research assistant at the Virginia Coastal Policy Clinic. Prior to attending law school, Laura worked as a paralegal assisting with complex real estate transactions in Washington D.C.
- Representation of a joint venture in the zoning and development of a 5000 acre mixed-use Planned Unit Development
- Representation of developers in connection with financing of apartment projects using Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Representation of developers in the due diligence, permitting, acquisition and/or sale of commercial projects
- Representation of business owners in contract negotiation and disputes
- Representation of landowners against the Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- Representation of landowners against the Mountain Valley Pipeline
- Representation of landowners against local condemning authorities
Recognition & Honors
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Arenda L. Wright Allen; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2017-2018
- William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, Alumni Relations Editor, 2015-2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Practice
- Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
- Western District of Virginia, 2018
- American University; B.A., cum laude, 2011
- William & Mary Law School; cum laude, J.D., 2017