- This event has passed.
DOL Welfare Plan Audit Preparation Webinar
March 05, 2013
After decades of inattention the DOL has begun auditing health and welfare plans, finding widespread non-compliance and imposing substantial penalties. Their focus is on ERISA compliant plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions and required employee Notices.
This 60 minute complimentary webinar will answer the following questions:
What specific documents and notices must we produce for the DOL?
- Have we properly identified all of our ERISA welfare benefit plans?
- How do we know if our plan documents are ERISA compliant?
- How about our Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)?
- How should we distribute documents/notices to employees and what are the penalties for non-compliance?
- How do we prove that notices were distributed?
- Have we filed all required Forms 5500?
- Should we consider a ‘wrap’ document to consolidate our welfare plan 5500s into one filing?
- What should we do if we receive and audit notice from the DOL?
Presented by: John M. Peterson