IT Software ManagerAugust 06, 2018, 05:48 AM
The Norfolk office of Kaufman & Canoles is seeking an IT Software Manager. The IT Software Manager provides application support to the operation of the firm. This position is responsible for evaluating, maintaining, and enhancing, and supporting software application packages in use on the network.
- Provides enhancement to firm procedures through automation and customization of applications to firm’s needs.
- Provides task-specific suggestions and support to users in connection with facilitating departmental or positional procedures by implementing updated software applications.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations regarding purchase of new software. Tests compatibility of software packages with network configuration and existing software.
- Researches application issues and updates through legal IT communities, the Internet, and other information sources.
- Performs continuous searches for software, support, or application advice that would enhance network or user performance.
- Assists with maintenance of network.
- Assists department with special projects as assigned.
- Provide additional support for Help Desk calls as needed.
- Technical knowledge of personal computers and software as normally acquired through technical course work or equivalent experience.
- Expert technical skills and ability to operate and support large data processing operations, including advanced knowledge of hardware, operating systems, DBMSs, spreadsheets, word processing, and communications packages currently in use, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of and familiarity with VBA and scripting languages.
- Maintenance of Active Directory Account.
- Maintenance and creation of group policies.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, including queries, SQL Server Agent jobs, database maintenance.
- Knowledge of Elite 3E, including Elite Design Gallery.
- Knowledge of Document Management System, specifically iManage.
- Office template and numbering packages, specifically BigHand Create and Hyperstyles.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assist staff and attorneys and train users on system operations and to communicate by phone and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Ability to recognize and solve routine problems, including data entry errors, hardware failures, and policy adherence problems.
Kaufman & Canoles is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of our employment and retention practices and decisions.