Government Contracts Update – Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Changing to New System – System For Award Management (SAM)
All federal government contractors, with limited exceptions, must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database prior to award of a federal government contract. In July 2012, the CCR database will transition to a new system: System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is combining the following eight (8) federal procurement systems to eliminate redundancies and hopefully reduce the burden of contractors doing business with the Government:
- Central Contractor Registration/Federal Agency Registration (CCR)
- Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA)
- Federal Business Opportunities (FBO)
- Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation (FPDS-NG)
- Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System/FFATA Subaward Reporting System (eSRS/FSRS)
- Wage Determinations Online (WDOL)
- Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS/CPARS/FAPIIS)
- Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
The first phase of SAM to be transitioned will include CCR, ORCA and EPLS. Contractors who are currently registered in CCR will be prompted through e-mail to create a SAM account when it goes live in late July, 2012. For more information, please visit www.sam.gov.
The contents of this publication are intended for general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion on specific facts and circumstances. Copyright 2019.