The CARES Act Webinar
COVID-19 has paralyzed much of the world and induced a level of economic uncertainty and anxiety that threatens to plunge us into a global recession or depression. The resulting crisis has created unprecedented emergencies for corporations, small businesses, and nonprofits. Handling these extraordinary challenges requires a fully coordinated effort based on accurate and up-to-date information about available resources and the rapidly evolving legal and regulatory landscape.
On April 2, 2020, Kaufman & Canoles attorneys John M. Bredehoft, Robert Q. Johnson, and Jacob L. Glasser walked through the CARES Act. Topics included:
- New leave entitlements, unemployment expansion, and other remedies to help your employees survive
- Maximizing your opportunity under the stimulus packages
- Managing risk in the new business landscape
- Negotiating M&A deals through a pandemic
- Tax rebate checks
- Delayed deadlines
- Employee retention tax credit
- Impact on retirement plans and other employee benefits
- Delay of employer payroll taxes
- Modification of net operating loss rules
The contents of this publication are intended for general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion on specific facts and circumstances. Copyright 2023.