Ed is the managing director of the firm’s Virginia Beach office. Ed’s areas of practice include estate planning, probate, estate and trust administration, elder law and business formation, planning and transactions.
Ed’s estate planning services include preparation of wills, revocable living trusts for probate avoidance, general durable powers of attorney for disability planning, advance medical directives for health care planning, and estate dispute avoidance planning. Ed also assists clients with probate, estate and trust administration, estate inventories and accounts, ancillary estate administration, estate real property disputes, estate administration disputes and estate and trust litigation. Ed assists business clients with entity formation and organization, planning, business purchases and sales, commercial leases, commercial real property purchases and sales, and business contracts.
Recognition & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Virginia State Bar; Business Section, Trusts & Estates Section
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Judicial Council, Standing Committee on Commissioners of Accounts; Chairman
- Virginia Conference of Commissioners of Accounts; Former Chairman
- Virginia Beach Second Precinct Advisory Committee; Former Chairman
- Western Carolina University; B.S., 1975
- Virginia Law Reader Program; Virginia State Bar, 1981
Press & Publications
- 45 Kaufman & Canoles Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2020 and 3 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Private Client Services Update – Alternatives for Waiver of Testamentary Trust Accountings
- Private Client Services Update – Issues with Real Estate in a Decedent’s Estate
- Private Client Services Update – Virginia Commissioners of Accounts and the Updated Manual for Commissioners