Vonda is the managing director of the firm’s Chesapeake office. Her practice focuses on trust & estate planning, commercial transactions including structuring corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships. She also assists clients in residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Represented numerous clients in recommending and implementing estate plans to provide for their individual needs and desires
- Administered numerous estates, trusts and guardianship from the qualification process to closing of the estate, trust or guardianship matter
- Serves as counsel to Hampton Roads Security Corporation in its registration, development and organization
- Represented sellers of assisted living facilities in the Hampton Roads area in sales of the same and structured seller financing to achieve maximum returns and protection to clients
- Represented seller of a large specialized furniture manufacturing and distribution company with the sale of its local operations and distribution warehouse facility
- Serves as counsel to Chesapeake Montessori School, Inc. in its acquisition and construction of its new school site located in Chesapeake, Virginia
Recognition & Honors
- Regent University Law Review; Editor, 1993-1995
- Chesapeake Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council
- Townebank; Chesapeake Board of Directors
- Old Dominion University; B.S., summa cum laude, 1992
- Regent University School of Law; J.D., 1995
Press & Publications
- Private Client Services Update – Long Term Care Insurance… Is it Here for the Long Haul?
- Private Client Services Update – Protecting Your Most Precious Assets…Your Children
- Private Client Services Update – Keeping Them Honest – Curbing Abuse by Agents Appointed in Powers of Attorney
- Private Client Services Update – Incapacitated Without a Power of Attorney . . . Where Do We Go From Here?
- Kaufman & Canoles Announces New Partners (2007)