The K&C Labor & Employment Team presented a complimentary webinar in which K&C attorneys John Bredehoft, Laura Gross, and Neil Talegaonkar discussed the labor & employment changes to watch for following the Inauguration. Topics included:
- President-elect Biden’s expected use of Executive Orders.
- The Congressional Review Act which may be used to repeal Agency regulations.
- Review of joint employment and union access to communication rules and increased use of charges of Unfair Labor Practice.
- Impact on Wage and Hour issues, including an expected increase in the number of investigators and increased enforcement; and the pledge to increase the federal minimum wage.
- Impact on workplace safety issues, including OSHA COVID-19 emergency regulations.
- A push for paid FLMA leave.
- The Biden campaign pledge to continue to fight discrimination and harassment in the workplace, with a focus on Pregnant Workers Fairness Act and the Equality Act.
Workplace Changes and Developments to Expect Under President Biden
Thursday, January 21
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To view the webinar, click here.
To view the slidedeck, please click the pdf icon above.