Private Client Services Update - Alternatives for Waiver of Testamentary Trust Accountings
Even though there are good estate planning approaches available under Virginia law for clients who wish to avoid probate and court supervision of the administration of their estate and trusts, there are many who still prefer to have a will as their main testamentary document.
By Edward R. Stolle and Private Client Services
Self-Audit Mandate Documents
Step-by-Step Guide to Planning for the 2014 Employer Health Insurance Mandate.
By John M. Peterson, ESOPs & Employee Benefits and Labor & Employment
CFPB's Final Mortgage Regulations: Ability-to-Repay and Qualified Mortgage Rules
E. Andrew Keeney presented this program to NAFCU on March 6, 2013.
By E. Andrew Keeney
Credit Union Legal Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- No Private Right of Action Against Credit Union for Violating Bylaws
- Illegal Reconveyance Fee Claim Under Consumer Protection Statute Not Preempted by Federal Law
- Member's Post-Discharge Default Leads to Award of Additional Attorney Fees for Credit Union
- Award on Breach of Contract Claim for Credit Card Debt Reversed Due to Lack of Evidence
- Worth Watching: Recently Filed Lawsuits and Hot Topics
By Brian O. Dolan
Private Client Services Update - It's Not Set in Stone: Reciprocal Wills Do Not Automatically Create an Irrevocable Estate Plan
In a world with an ever increasing number of blended families and second marriages, it is not uncommon for couples to desire to treat all of their children and step-children equally. On many occasions such couples elect to prepare wills or revocable trusts that provide for all assets to pass to the surviving spouse, and upon the death of the surviving spouse, to pass such assets to all of the husbands children and the wifes children, with each child getting an equal share.
By Sarah E. Messersmith and Private Client Services
Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract
Terence Murphy, Charles V. McPhillips, and Kara J. Soloria recently presented, "Create a Winning Team: How to Negotiate a Successful Subcontract."
By Charles V. McPhillips, Terence Murphy and Government Contracts & Construction
Employment Law Update - Winter 2013
In This Issue:
- National Bullying Expert Advises Employers at K&C Seminar
- To Check or Not to Check? - The Dilemma of Criminal Background Checks
- DOL Clarifies FMLA Leave to Care for Adult Children
- Focus on Break Space for Nursing Moms
- Randy Sparks Joins K&C Labor & Employment Team in Firm's Richmond Office
- 29th Annual Employment Law Update - Your Prescription for Compliance
By Labor & Employment