Our Commercial Group attorneys are specialists at seeing the big picture, a crucial element that makes us not just legal specialists but strategists as well. We have a reputation for innovative business solutions, and combined with decades of reliable counsel to our business clients, the Commercial practice has become the cornerstone of our firm.
With a reputation for innovative business solutions along with years of reliable counsel to businesses, the Commercial practice of Kaufman & Canoles is our cornerstone.
In order to serve your business with the proficiency and attention it requires, we stay current with business technology and cutting-edge issues affecting the marketplace today. Analyzing opportunities, planning and remaining proactive in business and legal strategies help our many successful clients stay that way.
In today’s highly competitive marketplace, businesses need to be structured around smartly-conceived business and legal strategies. The efficiency of your daily operations is important. We can help.
For instance, we’ll assist you in selecting the most appropriate form of doing business, help guide you through tax and accounting options, design and implement compensation and pension plans, draft a buy-sell agreement and more. Our Commercial attorneys believe their services add value to their clients’ businesses by offering a blend of quality legal advice, top-notch technical and clerical support, and a reputation of influential involvement in our business communities.
For clients beginning a business or maintaining or expanding an already thriving one, our Commercial practice is integrated with other important specialty areas of the firm such as Securities, Environmental, Real Estate Finance, Tax, and Labor and Employment. We are a full-service law firm and we believe we can supply you with the comprehensive and cost-efficient representation you and your business need.
- Negotiations and legal advice for sales and acquisitions for sand and gravel, aggregates, concrete products and brick, ready mix, building supply and various distribution and sales entities (including consumer products, petroleum and furniture)
- Developed numerous companies’ legal forms and contracts consistent with the companies’ branding and risk management objectives
- Negotiates land and commercial leases for landlords and tenants
- Formation of business entities with special control and management concerns
- Problem-solving negotiation and advice with respect to product licenses, joint use and service agreements, joint ventures, agreements with executives, employees and contractors
- Assisted with advice and legal work in procurement of major software, hardware and manufacturing systems and related project construction
- Capital development projects
- Commercial loan transactions
- Electronic banking and consumer credit
- Equipment acquisitions
- Family transition and estate planning
- Leasing and financing agreements
- Regulatory compliance
Our clients benefit from our involvement and leadership in the national and regional business community. As the largest law firm in southeastern Virginia, Kaufman & Canoles serves as both general and special counsel to local, regional, national and international clients. These clients represent industries including:
- Banks and other lending institutions
- Government contractors
- Health care practices
- Import/export companies
- Municipal entities
- Sports franchises
- Technology startups
- Wholesale and retail distributors
- A variety of other businesses
Our attorneys have practical experience in organizing and structuring all types of business entities including joint ventures, proprietorships, S corporations, C corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and non-profit organizations.
- Commercial Client Alert – July 29, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – July 2, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – June 23, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – June 5, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – May 26, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – May 21, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert – May 15, 2020
- CARES Act Client Alert – April 3, 2020
- Commercial Client Alert
- CARES Act Client Alert
- Kaufman & Canoles Named to 2018 Edition of US News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- Nicole J. Harrell Named Chair of Commercial Section
- Xiaoqin Li Joins Kaufman & Canoles
- Five Ways to “Green” Your Small Business
- Emergency Response Planning: A Critical Investment