Kaufman & Canoles’ International Law and the Government Contracts Practice Groups invite you to attend a complimentary information-packed webinar that will provide practical guidance on complying with current U.S. export control laws and regulations.
Members of the Kaufman & Canoles’ International Law and Government Contracts Practice Groups will update participants on the ITAR/EAR export control process, including how to determine:
- Whether an item or service is controlled;
- Whether the item or service falls under EAR or ITAR jurisdiction;
In addition, the program will cover:
- The proper classification of the item or service;
- License requirements and exceptions when applicable; and
- The applicable documentation requirements
- New developments at the Departments of Commerce, State and Defense
- ‘Deemed exports’
- End-use restrictions
- Embargo controls
- Data storage and cloud computing issues
- Sanctions, compliance plans and voluntary disclosures
- Documentation requirements
The webinar will also include a question and answer session with presenters Charles V. McPhillips and Patrick H. O’Donnell and written materials to help participants navigate through these complex and fast-changing regulations. The ball is in your court!