COVID-19 has paralyzed much of the world and induced a level of economic uncertainty and anxiety that threatens to plunge us into a global recession or depression. The resulting crisis has created unprecedented emergencies for corporations, small businesses, and nonprofits. Handling these extraordinary challenges requires a fully coordinated effort based on accurate and up-to-date information about available resources and the rapidly evolving legal and regulatory landscape.
On April 2, 2020, Kaufman & Canoles attorneys John M. Bredehoft, Robert Q. Johnson, Jonathan M. Lazarow, and Jacob L. Glasser walked through the CARES Act. Topics included:
- New leave entitlements, unemployment expansion, and other remedies to help your employees survive
- Maximizing your opportunity under the stimulus packages
- Managing risk in the new business landscape
- Negotiating M&A deals through a pandemic
- Tax rebate checks
- Delayed deadlines
- Employee retention tax credit
- Impact on retirement plans and other employee benefits
- Delay of employer payroll taxes
- Modification of net operating loss rules
Please access the slide deck here and view the recording here.
Thank you for your patience as we work to answer the hundreds of follow-up questions.
View the answers related to Benefits Questions.
View the answers related to Employment Law Questions.
View the answers related to Tax Questions.
View the answers related to Corporate Questions.
The contents of this publication are intended for general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion on specific facts and circumstances. Copyright 2020.