Section 199A of the new tax law provides an exciting new tax deduction for owners of “pass-through” businesses. Unfortunately, the rules and limitations on the deduction are complex and confusing. Kaufman & Canoles’ Business Taxation practice group invites you to attend a complimentary webinar “Understanding and Maximizing the New 199A QBI Deduction.”
In this one-hour webinar, we will attempt to provide small business owners and their advisors with an easy to understand explanation of the law and provide examples of creative tax planning strategies to maximize the deduction, including:
- Controlling taxable income to avoid the specified service business limitation
- How to turn a $100,000 retirement plan contribution into $163,000 of tax deductions
- Defeating the wage & capital investment limitation
- Structuring tax filing status to optimize the deduction
- Using Roth contributions and conversions to receive a double tax benefit
Click here to view the webinar.